Sunday, August 22, 2010

Advice needed about the best times to feed puppy?

I have a 3 month old Shih Tzu and have been advised to feed her 3 times a day instead of 4. At the moment she is being fed at 7,am 12,pm 3.30.pm and 7pm. Although I know not to decrease the amount of food given I am unsure of what times to feed the 3 meals. Obviously I will still feed her first thing in the morning and around mid day but is it better to give her her last meal at tea time (5 ish) or earlier evening (7 ish). I feed her Burns Mimi Bites for toy/small breeds. Also can anybody suggest suitable treats for her as the ones I have tried seem to upset her (Tubos). Thanks for your help xxAdvice needed about the best times to feed puppy?
wat i do is feed first thing in the moring after potty time, then afternoon and then again at 4 pm last one is at 7:30ish. mind you yes its four times a day but im only doing 2 cups then 2 cups and last one is 1 1/2 a cup. and as my dogs git older and potty trained then i leave food down all day.as for dog treats let them pick, it could be carrots that they like. best of luckAdvice needed about the best times to feed puppy?
Feed her later in the evening. If you feed her at 5, that's 14 hours between meals which is far too long for a puppy. Never heard of Tubos, mine just have a couple of small gravy bones at bedtime.
I breed and show Shih Tzu's and Im sat with my pregnant shih tzu on my lap right now. I adore Shih Tzu they are fab dogs. It sounds like you are doing everything perfectly. Dont change the 7pm feeding time as its too long for a pup to go without food from 5pm to 7am. If anything you could afford to make her last feeding a bit later than 8pm. Safe treats would be normal food. Tidbits of chicken, ham (not beef). My pups love scrambled egg. Again only a small amount (with no milk). Marko's are a good treat too and doggy chic drops (esp good for rewarding toilet training)
Hello This is what I have done with all my puppy's.. Breakfast about 7:30 Lunch 12:30 Dinner 6:00 then a snack/treat about


8:00 around there ... Stay away from treats that have any corn or wheat this may be up setting her belly..... Treats I give my dogs... Frozen baby carrots.Frozen fresh green beans,Chopped apple(no seeds) .. Nutro crunchy dog treats with real berries and apple.. Feeding your dog three time a day is fine plus she's a puppy so you should feed her more smaller meals a day day then one large meal. Puppy's have lots of energy so they need to eat more often.. You are doing fine keep up the good work..
I think your doing good with 7am %26amp; noon time. I think the next time should be 5pm only because that will give her time to use the bathroom b4 bedtime. That will prevent you from having to get up in the middle of the night to take her out if you were to feed her after 7pm. Good Luck!
My mum has these. she gives them small ammounts of garlic sausage.They love it.She started giving them this as this is what they give them at puppy training classes.


I would not worry about the times you give her food and i think 4 times a day is right.Who told you to make it 3???Anyway if you have to make it 3 i would go for the earlier feed as then she may go to the toilet etc before she settles down for the night.Good luck


deb
I feed my pup 2 times a day, Once at 5:30am and then at 3:30pm. The vet told me that 2x's a day was good.
I'm always hungry.
  • old lipstick
  • eyeshadow makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment