Sunday, August 22, 2010

Advice: What is the best route to becoming a Cognitive Neuropsychologist?

I'd like to go all the way through and become a PhD in this field. I'd also like to incorporate Art Therapy (I plan on working with children sepcifically).





What's the best road to take? I know this seems like a mixed bag but believe me I've thought this through. I'm not looking for a ';quick fix'; here to my degree's but I am looking for some expert advice on getting to the desired goal. I appreciate any/all feedback in advance.





PS: FYI: I am 30, returning to school to continue my education. I do have an Associates degree in Social Sciences: w/concentration-in Psychology. This is something I am really passionate about.Advice: What is the best route to becoming a Cognitive Neuropsychologist?
Um, same route as becoming any kind of psychologist. If all you have is an associates, you need to apply to a 4-yr college and hope they transfer your credits. Complete a BA or BS in psychology, then apply to a Masters program in psychology...or if you can go straight to one, a Ph.D program in cognitive psychology. In college, you might want to take art classes, too, but implementing art into your therapy probably will strictly be something that comes once you start working...there is probably no program out there that you can get into that focuses on that and I doubt there are really classes that will cross psychology and art together. Obviously, also if you want to work with kids, then make sure you take child psychology courses. You should be able to take courses in cognitive psych as well as child psych at a college, as long as the college offers them, but you might also be able to take child psych classes once you're in grad school.Advice: What is the best route to becoming a Cognitive Neuropsychologist?
Step 1. Become a Neuropsychologist.





Step 2. Learn how to think.
research schools you want to go to and apply!
A Cognitive Neuropsychologist? What?!?!!?

No comments:

Post a Comment