Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Shaving advice, What's the best way? Men.?

In 3 days I get pretty scruffy. I can grow a full beard in about 3 weeks. I got this kid we let stay with us for a few weeks until he got a new place but he tolld me splashing cold water before shaving helped because it tightened the hairs. I like to shave before a hot shower because all little nicks disappear and I look clean after. We had a heated debate but I think I'm right. What are the physics of shaving? What is the ultimate shave? Who knows the best shave or what is the best approach to you?Shaving advice, What's the best way? Men.?
You should shave after a nice warm shower. The warmth of the shower will cause your pores to open and will give you the closest shave possible....Shaving advice, What's the best way? Men.?
Exfoliate first - an apricot scrub is good - gets rid of dead skin and makes more of the whisker exposed for shaving. Use a cream - not a foam - I like ';Kiss My Face'; in a tube. Shaving in the shower softens the beard - my dermatologist told me to do it - I've been shaving in the shower since High School. Get yourself a steam free shower mirror if you need one - I can shave w/o it. They always say shave with the grain but I have found that I don't get as close a shave that way. Find a good lotion for after - no alcohal - ouch!
1. Definately shave before showering.


Rationale: After you shower your skin swells ever so slightly in the presence of water. Therefore, your hairs will recede slightly and when your skin dehydrates again it would seem like fine stubble.





2. Using cold water is a good idea.


Rationale: Cold water makes the pores in your skin close tightening your skin improving the eveness of the shave and reduces nicking from the blade. Also, some people believe cold water keeps the steele sharper in your razor, hence a closer shave.





My recommendations: quickly spash your face with ice cold water, or if you live in a cold climate like Alaska as I do, do a moring outdoor chore first ie. take out the garbage and this will do the same thing without the swelling associated with the hydrating ';splash';.


Then apply your soap or shave cream and fill up the basin with cold water. Rinse your razor by briskly moving your blade in the cold water between shave strokes.


I myself have moved onto electric shavers as they have much improved over the years and can give you a very close shave and they can be easily taken in the car for a late afternoon trim for a night out.





Good Luck!
I shave in the shower, my skin is tighter cause of the heat, the water pressure cleans my razor better %26amp; I dont cut myself at all compared to when i used to do it at the sink, looked like an assault victim.

No comments:

Post a Comment