Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Can someone advice me on the best course of action to take following an interview?

The Firm is a highly reputable firm that has high standards and is very professional and maybe conservative. I had an interview on Monday and already sent a short email to the recruiter and one of the senior managers that interviewed me because I have his namecard.





I have been informed that I will know the outcome by Monday of next week. Exactly one week after date of interview. Should I call which I am inclined to because I am really keen on the role. However I do not wish to be a hindrance and maybe reservation and patience is preferred by the Firm.





Can someone with extensive hiring experience tell me what is in the Firm's best interest? Would it be better to call or to wait for the call. And should I write thank-you letters and deliver that to the Firm personally or would that be excessive and unnecessary.





I really hope I secure this role because I believe I am perfect for the Firm and the Firm is perfect for me.Can someone advice me on the best course of action to take following an interview?
You most definitely should send a thank you email or card to the interviewer.


Thank them for their time and re-state how much you would love to work for the company and why you think you would be a good fit.





I was a recruiter/interviewer for four years and ALWAYS remembered and appreciated the job candidate(s) who sent 'thank yous'; and showed enthusiasm like yours.';I really hope I secure this role because I believe I am perfect for the Firm and the Firm is perfect for me';





Then wait fir the call, it shows you can follow instructions.


But do call if they don't.


If you did not get the job this time, ask why and how you could qualify next time there is another position like the one you appled for.


Good luck!Can someone advice me on the best course of action to take following an interview?
If they told you a specific date that they would let you know about the position, then you should wait on that date. Trying to follow up on the position beforehand would seem unprofessional, especially if it is a conservative company. If they do not call you on Monday then it would be okay for you to do a follow-up call on Tuesday.





If you do not get the job then you can give me them a ';thank-you'; letter, although you need to write it in a formal tone.
Sit tight until the week has passed...if you call before hand, in my opinion , you appear desperate and not confident...almost as if you are STILL trying to convince them to hire you. In the meantime I would send the thank you cards/notes/emails etc to the interviewer thanking them for the opportunity and that you look forward to hearing from them. Don't be too pushy that can be a quick turnoff.


Good Luck

No comments:

Post a Comment