Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Problems with best friends and boyfriends...any advice?

yesterday if officially started ';going out'; with my BF {{in first period}} and by the time i got to lunch a dozen ppl came up to me and were all freaking out on me b/c...well he has a not so perfect past, but he said, and i believe him, that he HAS changed! at the end of the day my best friend comes up to me and starts yelling at me and made me feel worthless...i had to go to work after that and i fell (fast food joint) and twisted my ankel and still had to stay for 2 more hours till close and now i have no idea what to do about my new BF and my old BFF because i'm just trying to be the peace-keeper here...please help.....thanks~katieProblems with best friends and boyfriends...any advice?
I hope your ankle is okay. I know what it's like to do that, it sucks. Hope you iced it and took care of it.


No one has a perfect past, but it does depend on what kind of past activities he was in. Was he in gangs? Was he a bully? and so fourth and so on. Though people may change, it really depends on the person. Some skeletons eventually come out of the closet, and there is nothing you can do about it but protect yourself. Beware of how he acts. There is a huge difference between words and actions.


From your friend's actions, it sounds like she/they really do care about you, and doesn't want you getting hurt or being involved with something that could potentially hurt you.


One option could be for your friends to give your BF a chance. Ask them to talk to him one on one, and just see if maybe they change their mind.


It is hard to play peace-maker in this situation, seeing as your wants are different. You want to be with your BF, and you want your friends to accept your decision. However you do care about your friends and probably don't want them to leave because of a guy.


Another option may be to explain why you are dating your BF to your friends. Why you are dating him and what you see in him, and be able to put your feelings into words they understand.


Good Luck KATIE!Problems with best friends and boyfriends...any advice?
Well, that's a tough one. First of all, how bad is his past? Do you think that he's good enough of a person to trust? If he hasn't displayed any signs of his old behavior, then I would probably believe and trust him; however, if he reverts back to the way he used to act, I'd be careful. I have known many people to enter a relationship where their partner has had a rocky history, and their partner, even though they said they changed, really hadn't. So I'd just be careful and monitor the way he acts for a little while. And if your friend is really your friend, then she will respect the decision you make in the end. Unfortunately, despite your attempts, you may not be able to hold peace here. But in the end, just watch your boyfriend's behavior, and hope that your best friend will come to respect your decision with time. If you notice that your boyfriend's changed, other people may too.

No comments:

Post a Comment