Wednesday, July 28, 2010

MATURE READERS ONLY! Please I need serious opinions and advice..10 points for best response!!!

Ok this is the deal I use to be on the pill and decided to TTC so I stopped in May. My last menstrual was in June, first day of menstrual being 6/25/08, I have not received a menstrual for the month of July. I use a fertility calender and based on that I was ovulating on July 5 which I did engage in sexual intercourse. Now we're in August and I have had no signs of a menstrual yet. 2 days ago, Monday 8/4, I took a Clear-Blue digital pregnancy test and it came out positive. However when I took one yesterday to make sure, it came out negative. Is it possible that I had a false positive or is it so soon that my HCG levels are too low. Also for the past couple of days I have been leaking clear fluid from my right breast when i squeeze, but not from the nipple from the areola





Additional Info: I did go to the Dr this morning and they took some blood work to do a pregnancy test but I have to wait till Friday to find out results so I wanted to know what everyones feed back would be. Thanks in advanceMATURE READERS ONLY! Please I need serious opinions and advice..10 points for best response!!!
Not to bring your hopes downs but in February of this year I had a positive test and went to the doctor because I had been doing fertility treatments. The doctor did blood work and my hcg levels came back on the low side but it was early in the pregnancy. The doctor asked me to come back in 72 hour to do more blood work, but in the meantime I took it upon myself to do another hpt and it came out negative. Well I thought it was false, so I just blew if off. Went back to the doctor did the second blood work and came back lower than the first time, so I was told I was having a chemical pregnancy. But the upside to this is that the fertility doctor told me that after a chemical pregnancy you usually go on the have a healthy pregnancy next time. And so far he has been right because I got pregnant in early June and I have not had any problems. EDD March 6, 2009.MATURE READERS ONLY! Please I need serious opinions and advice..10 points for best response!!!
I would say that you are pregnant. False positives are highly unlikely! Did you take the another clear-blue digital test? If you took a different test then it might not be as sensitive as the first one. Or it could have been defective. Of course you have to wait until the doc gets back to you to be sure, but I would say congrats! I wish I was in your shoes!
It's probably just a false negative. I hope there is good news when you hear from the doctor on Friday. Or if you're anything like me, I'd end up taking another HPT just to see.





Good luck sweetie!!
Congrats i is not common to get a false positive, let us know the outcome and good luck. P.S spread the baby dust this way.
I would say better chance that you got a false negative than a false positive. Hold out til Friday but good luck.
Congrads!
I think you are pregnant :) False positives are extremely rare, and usually only happen when you are on fertility drugs. If its been since June, you definitely didn't take it too early. Its common to get a faulty test, and it doesn't pick up on the hcg. I have to say though, I just realized you said it was a digital test. I have taken one before and gotten a positive and I wasn't pregnant. I'm assuming it had a glitch or something. So that does concern me a bit. If you want to go ahead and take another home test (a different brand thats not digital) that would give you an idea before you get your blood results back.
Lucky for you Friday is only 2 days away! I know it can feel like an eternity but it will come.


A false negative is way more common than a false positive. If you have a few extra dollars I would go get another test. I hear they usually put 2 tests in a package because false negatives are so common. Try a different brand than the one you used like 'first response' or an off brand of it.


I wish you so much luck!!!!
A false positive is EXTREAMLY rare.





More likely, you did concieve and get pregnant (hence the positive), but then had an early miscarriage. You likely got the BFP right at the time of the miscarriage, so hcg levels were still high enough for a BFP. But hcg levels began immediately falling and soon were too low for the HTP to still generate a BFP.





Also note that the digital HPTs are not as sensitive as the ones with the lines. I know that at least with 'First Responce', the classical ones with lines will give you a BFP with hcg levels of 25 or greater. But their digital HPT requires hcg levels of 50 or greater to get a BFP.
All test are different you are probably prego and the test you took was a pretty sensitive one which needs the hcg level to be at 20 and then the second test might have required you to be at 50 or even a 100 hcg and you did not have that much produced which results in a negative. :) I wish you all the luck and tons of baby dust for you this friday!!! I believe you are....... b/c I am a freak I would test again b4 friday haha and try using the same test your tested with the first time if you do decide to test again! GOOD LUCK! HUN!
I agree, more likely a false negative. I think it's too soon to have leakage from your breast, but everyone's body is different.





Definitely wait for the Dr.'s test. I had to. I ovulated on Dec 31, had intercourse before, on that day, and on the day after. I was given a urine pregnancy test on January 15th and it came out negative. Then a few days later came back positive and my bloodwork on the 23rd showed positive.





Sometimes it just takes time for your body to build up the HCG levels.

No comments:

Post a Comment