Wednesday, July 28, 2010

My best friend has lost her father, advice please!?

My best friends father has died suddenly of a heart attack. On the run-up to the funeral I was supprised at how strong she was. I spoke to her today, 2 days after the funeral and I think she has now hit rock bottom, she's so quiet and she says she feels so uptight she has painful nerves in her back. What words of reassurance can I offer her? I have been mainly listening to her and comforting her. I want to help her, it's just so tricky knowing what to do in such a sensitive situation. Any advice would be much appreciated.My best friend has lost her father, advice please!?
i lost my dad years ago and it was one of the worsed days of my life,i know how your friend will be feeling,all you can do is be there for her when ever you can,tell her to let it all out and not keep it in,if she needs a shoulder to cry on she knows she can come to you,take her out for a drink,just be there thats enough,you sound like your a great friend to herMy best friend has lost her father, advice please!?
I'm glad she has a friend like you to be there.





Just comfort her by telling her if she needs anything that you will be there to help her, and that no matter what happens you love her as a friend.





That is pretty much all you can do she may need to get over it. and this will take a lot of time.
generally when a person loses someone it isnt til after the funeral that they can start to grieve. my boyfriend recently lost his father and he was fine when he was busy taking care of the funeral etc but it was when all that stopped and he got back to work etc that it really hit him hard and he had no idea what to do with himself.


At the end of the day i've found that all that you can do is be there for them and hold their hand when they need it, sometimes you need to wait for them to come to you...
You are doing the right things and in particular listening.





Why not suggest you both go away for a few days and chill out, say to a health spa so she can relax.
You are doing an awesome job!!! i know how you feel my friend lost his dad a couple years back and i didnt know wat to do but later he told me that he was happy i was there just knowing that he had someone to talk 2 if he needed it or just sit in silence and holding his hand. I just let her know that you there and if she ever needs some1 to talk to that your there for her.
say her that u are always with her till u die.
hey there i have watched to people die and when i looked for my birth parents last year i found out they had died and it cuts like a knife all i can is to be there when your friend needs you and that's all you can do give her time she is coping the way she feels best but soon she is going to need you then you can be there for her don,t push just wait then you can comfort her when she needs to be ok chin up she needs you give it time you see am right.

No comments:

Post a Comment