Wednesday, November 23, 2011

I really need advice, my BF's best friend just died?

my boyfriend is a construction worker and on October 6th he seen his best friend get electrocuted at work. he sent me a text telling me to call him as soon as i wake up, so i did. he told me that his friend was killed and i immediately started crying and telling him how sorry i was. i had to follow him from the hospital in his company truck back to the workshop and then back home. he tried to help him, but there was nothing that could be done. he seen his best friend die right in front of his eyes...I think he's in shock because he keeps saying he's fine, but i can tell he's VERY bothered by this. he says he cant get it out of his head, the image of his friend getting electrocuted, he said he has never felt so helpless before in his life. i'm staying with him for the time being, he knows i'm here if he ever want to talk. his mom and his sisters, his cousin..have all called and came by to see how he's doing. he keeps saying he's fine. i dont think its hit him yet exactly what happened. i'm really worried about him and i dont know what to do or say to make this any easier for him. he already asked me to go to the viewing and the funeral with him, which i'm going to. i want to help him but i dont know how. its all i can to to keep the tears back when he's around, i know i need to stay strong for him. when he finally breaks down, what do i do? i've never been to a viewing or a funeral before, i've never had anyone that i know or that i'm close to die before. this is really killing me. i want to help him so badly, but he swears he's fine. i know he's not. please help me...i really need advice...thanks in advance for any answers...I really need advice, my BF's best friend just died?
He may need to take a little bit of time off of work and maybe you could suggest. Hopefully the place of work would understand and may even get paid for them if he has personal days. If he starts experiencing depression, overwhelming stress, or post traumatic reaction to seeing the death he may need to see a counselor.I really need advice, my BF's best friend just died?
i dont think you should really do anything about it.. look, i think its totally fine to feel sad/depressed after someone passed away, especially a best friend, everyone acts like that wen someone just died its just how life is,


your bf is just saying he's fine cos he just doesnt want you to feel sad.. or worry abt him ..





but d/w im sure your bf will get over it some day , he just needs some time thats all xx

No comments:

Post a Comment