Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Digital Camera Advice: which is the best model for a beginner?

I have the option of two cameras that are within my meager budget. The first is the Olympus E-500 and the second is the Cannon Digital Rebel 300D (each one will come with a nice lens, etc). I am a beginner but I plan to take full advantage of the camera's features and I will also be taking lessons soon. I don't need the mega-top-of-line camera, but I do need something that will allow me to manipulate and play around with exposure, aperture, shutter speed, ISO, etc to help me in the learning process. Which would be a better camera for a newbie who wants to learn?Digital Camera Advice: which is the best model for a beginner?
Are you sure you are able to find 1st hand of the models that you've mentioned. They are quite old cameras to me.





If you are going for 2nd hands, I would say get a more recent models since the price difference is not going to be too much.Digital Camera Advice: which is the best model for a beginner?
You should seriously look in to the Nikon D80, its a 10.2 Mp CCD sensor and the price of it dropped by 30%. Because of its CCD sensor and since the D90 sensor is the same physical size as the D80 a CCD system would give much better pictures even in difficult situations (high ISO, shadow etc.).


If you are looking for a CMOS sensor, I recommend not to go with Nikon just yet , the Canon 20D 30D 40D 50D Rebel XSi have a bigger sensor that reduce noise at higher ISO, it is also USER Friendly and less expensive.


Check out these picture with Canon 20D By this very talented lady.


http://members.fotki.com/Kkaplin/about/





The lenses quality of Canon is as high as Nikon's and some pros think they are even better. But as a beginner you can't go wrong with Nikon D80 CCD sensor.


You can get either of these cameras 2nd hand for not more then $400 or even less.

No comments:

Post a Comment